|The Incredible Bulk|
|Air Date||December 12, 2004|
|Proceeded By||Morphing Is Sooo 1987|
|Followed By||Super Nerd Much?|
The Incredible Bulk is episode 9 of Season 3.
When exercise aficionados around the world behaving strangely, growing enormous muscles and developing strangely colored skin, super-human strength, and seriously uncontrollable tempers, Jerry puts the girls on the case. Their investigation leads them to an ex-Mr. Planet (1977) (think Arnold Schwarzenegger) whose brand new product, "Bulky Bar", is causing his competitors to go beserk. Alex defeats him by consuming a number of his muscle bars to become taller and stronger, matching and then exceeding his power, eventually causing him to surrender.
In a B-story, Alex meets a really cute bodybuilder at her gym and they totally hit it off, that is, until he begins to "change." Alex tries to pick up where she left off with Raymond. Unfortunately the effects of the bars do not wear off immediately for her, and as he is turned off by women who are stronger than he is, he runs away just as an enraged Alex has to be restrained by Sam and Clover.
- Electroshock Powder Puff
- 20,000 volts
- Homing Beacon Band-Aid
- Jet aircraft
- Jetpack Backpack
- Oxygen Enhanced Gum
- Super Sticky Lip Gloss
- The jet has the "Totally Spies" logo.
- This episode's title is a reference to "The Incredible Hulk".
- Ulrich Wernerstein was Mr. Planet 1977.
- Ulrich Wernerstein is a parody of Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- Raymond's relationship with Alex is a reference to the American cartoonist, Alex Raymond.
- The neighborhood where the spies live has 6 gyms.
- "Chet" from "Matchmaker" can be seen at the gym the girls go to. He is also seen later at the beach as a lifeguard.
- The bulky bar is a partial reference to the bulkie roll.
- Despite Raymond and Alex both being effected by the bars only Raymond reverts to normal immediately. This could be because Wernerstein only intended it to be eaten by men (his competition) and the bar has a longer effect on women.
- Sam provides the end video in this episode.
- Goof: When Alex can not get the barbell off her chest her shirt is colored green instead of white.
- Goof: When Alex says Raymond is adorable Clover's belt is missing.
- Goof: When Alex shakes the box of of Oxygen Enhanced Gum her lipstick turns dark-ish red.