|Air Date||April 6, 2002|
|Proceeded By||Spies vs. Spies|
|Followed By||Game Girls|
Evil Boyfriend is episode 18 of Season 1.
Samantha makes the acquaintance of James, an exchange student from London, and is immediately smitten with him. What she is not cognizant of is that her so-called boyfriend is one of the villains she and the other spies are chasing.
In fact, James is the thief who absconded with a groundbreaking invisibility formula. Although Jerry provides the girls with details which point to James as the culprit, Sam refuses to believe them. Her intransigence arouses a quarrel between her and the other spies, and they eventually resort to parting company.
After James has revealed his culpability to Sam, they follow James to Washington DC as he schemes to abduct the President by using the invisibility formula.
In the B-story, the girls try to relax together.
- Anti-gravity cycle
- Eyelash Curler Catapult
- Feline Streamline Catsuit
- Designed for stealth
- Heat sensing Infrared Glamour Goggles
- Phase Changer Phaser
- Smudge Scanner 20/10
- The title is used again for "Another Evil Boyfriend".
- 20/10 is a reference to the visual acuity scale.
- Phaser is a reference to the Star Trek phaser.
- Alex breaks the fourth wall when she and Clover call Sam. During the call, the screen splits to show all 3 girls. Eventually, Alex shoves Sam's half (as she and Clover were together when they were talking to Sam) off screen, thereby showing that she was aware of its presence.