|Beauty Is Skin Deep|
|Proceeded By||Evil Ice Cream Man Much?|
|Followed By||Like, So Totally Not Spies|
Beauty Is Skin Deep is episode 17 of Season 4.
A hot new line of cosmetics is hitting the shelves at the trendiest boutiques in New York, Paris, and Beverly Hills. The makeup line is called "Moody Beauty" and is designed to give the girls wearing it a specific desired look (happy, pouty, mysterious, strange, surprised, etc.). But the makeup comes with one startling side-effect - it permanently contorts the face of the person wearing it. For example, the happy eye shadow makes you look as a clown, the pouty lipstick makes you look sad and so on. As the spies investigate, they find out that the sinister force behind the makeup is an ex-beauty queen, named Miss Vanity. After years of being in the spotlight, Miss Vanity ultimately decided that people are too vain, and so to remedy that, her makeup will make everyone look equally hideous. Can the spies stop Miss Vanity before she turns them and the entire world into a freak show? Can the spies come to terms with discovering that Jerry prefers to wear "just a little makeup" to add color to his otherwise pasty British skin?
In the B-story, Clover thinks that she's rejected by a boy, so she starts to let her appearance slip. But it turns out that the boy, Rodney, already has a girlfriend, and that Clover reminded him of her.
- Expandable Cable Bungee Belt
- Head For Cover Hoverboard
- Compact dust
- Jetpack Backpack
- Magnetic Belt Buckle
- Rocket powered Amphibious Stealth Hydrofoil
- Super Inflating Brooch
- Tracking Device
- Ultra Sensitive Hearing Microphone
- References to the rank of queen in “Totally Spies!”
- “Beauty Is Skin Deep” -- Vanity is an ex-beauty queen.
- “Creepy Crawly Much?” -- Alexandra is selected to be the queen of Max Exterminus.
- “Green with N.V.” -- Natalie Valentine calls the 3 spies “16 year old popularity queens”.
- “Halloween” -- Mandy is selected to be the queen of the Evil Ghost.
- Ice Queen Perfume
- “Malled” -- Samantha refers to Mandy as a “beauty queen”.
- “Mime World (Jazz Hands Return - Part 3)” -- Samantha is selected to be the queen of Jazz Hands.
- “Queen for a Day” -- Tassara and the Beverly Hills High Homecoming Queen.
- “So Totally Versailles!” -- Mandy believes she is Marie Antoinette. She is selected to be the queen of Auguste.
- “Stuck in the Middle Ages with You” -- Clover is selected to be the queen of the Black Knight.
- “The Iceman Cometh” -- Clover is referred to as an ice queen by Daryl and Gelee.
- “WOOHP-Ahoy!” -- Clover is selected to be the pirate queen of Salty Schooner.