|A Thing For Musicians|
|Air Date||November 3, 2001|
|Followed By||The New Jerry|
A Thing For Musicians is episode 1 of Season 1.
The girls are sent undercover to pose as musicians while on a concert tour with Ricky Mathis as they attempt to find out why his music is causing people to become crazy, destructive delinquents. It's not long before they discover that Sebastian Saga, a former rock guitarist who lost his left arm in a pyrotechnical stage accident, has altered the frequencies from Ricky's music in order to brainwash the world into becoming his slaves. As Clover falls victim to his plan, it is up to Sam and Alex to save the world from the crazed fans and Sebastian.
- Expandable Cable Bungee Belt
- Hair mousse (thought to be a Portable High Viscosity Oil Cannon)
- Jet aircraft
- Suction Cup Bottom Gogo Boot
- Ultra Sensitive Hearing Microphone
- Underwater Power Walking Apparatus That's Inconspicuous
- Wind Tunnel 3000 Tornado Blast Hair Dryer
- Jerry Lewis's lack of ability to devise original names for WOOHP related things.
- The helicopter used is the Mil Mi-24.
- Parodies of Ricky Martin.
- This is the episode in which the "Upwhatty" joke was initiated. Alex says it when she, Clover and Sam are introduced to the Underwater Power Walking Apparatus That's Inconspicuous. This is a recurring joke in the series whenever the spies are assigned the gadget/vehicle for a mission.
- Alex makes shadow puppets with her hand during the briefing.
- Clover does not wear her catsuit in this episode.
- While on top of the truck with Ricky, the hypnotized fans managed to rip up some of Alex's catsuit.
- When Clover attempts to flirt with Damon, Sam and Alex watch nearby. In this shot, Sam and Alex are shown to be wearing heels instead of the correct flats and boots, respectively.
- Goof: the screen says 12:00 AM, it should be 12:00 PM.
- Goof: when the girls are at the recording studio, Sam is seen without her boots but when she walked up using the Ultra Sensitive Hearing Microphone, there are boot sounds as she walks.
- This is the pilot episode of "Totally Spies!".